fredag 13 januari 2017

The start of the internship

The start of the internship!





A few weeks into the internship and I have learned so much about the dive industry. I really like to do my divemaster on an internship because you don't have to hurry everything, you learn and then you can adapt your theory in the real world while I'm working.

I finished my rescue diver course three weeks ago and after that I started my DMT around christmas. The first thing I did was to go through my crew pack with the divemaster manual, PADI standards, the Encyclopedia of recreational diving. I like this material especially the encyclopedia where you can find interesting reading about diving. A lot of the days in the beginning has been about the PADI standards and learning how to be a professional diver and how to work and adapt to PADI standards.

Many days have been studying for the theory test 1 and 2 and I just passed both those tests yesterday, which feels very good to be done with.
Now I have sessions and workshops ahead of me and I will try to do my very best on every single session and test. I've assist the IDC students on Anti Gravity in their sessions witch have been fun and educational. We simulated problems that can happen and when I was practicing guiding DSD the "students" gave me a hard time..... 

I really like the diving in Koh Lanta with Anti Gravity beautiful dive sites and new thinking.
For me it feels like the people here are very helpful and I can learn much from them if I just ask and observe what the divemaster are doing. Eventually I will form my own style and how I will work with my customers so they having the best diving trip they ever had.
After the few days of storm a dive boat have got stranded on the shore outside the dive shop. So sad, I can just imagine how the owner feel. The staff from Antigravity have helped with cleaning the beach from wreck parts as much as we could. Our fresh water pipe to the boat is also broken and today we will try to fix it. It's fun to do something different for example diving down and repair a fresh  water pipe  



Me and my swedish friend, I assisted his group

My secret santa present!





My christmas present to myself


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar